Free Introductory Webinar with Parents Plus CEO, Prof. John Sharry will be held on Friday 26th November from 11.30am – 1pm.
Parents Plus is a charity based in the Mater Hospital, which designs evidence-based parenting and mental health programmes and trains professionals to run them. The charity is now launching the new Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme, which is designed to support families to improve their health and well-being.
By training in the Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme professionals will learn how to support parents to:
- Understand how to improve their families health and well-being
- Promote healthy eating and mealtimes
- Incorporate active play and physical activities into their day
- Maintain positive mental health and self-esteem
- Establish good routines for sleep
- Set up rules around technology use at home
- Build positive family relationships
This programme is practical, solution-focused and draws on parents strengths. It is suitable for all families with young children under 12 years of age.
Through training in this programme, you will learn to:
- Gain opportunities to observe and practise the skills to become a solution-focused facilitator
- Develop an in-depth understanding of this programme;
- Deliver the programme via face-to-face or online sessions to groups and individual families;
- Learn how to build on parents strengths as a basis for ongoing change, and;
- Strengthen inter-agency and community partnerships.
To Register, please click on the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDIduOh0JznebjSKJ6ClKc4CJshiRsR7wLnFnaB_QYLzWEFA/viewform
Training will take place online, over five modules from 9:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. on 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st of January 2022. If you have any further questions relating to this opportunity please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To visit the Parents Plus website please click on the link: https://www.parentsplus.ie/parents-plus-programmes/the-healthy-families-programme-training-for-professionals/