“Going that extra mile for your child’s early education”
Hilltop Academy was created in 2017 in order to bring the highest standard of care and education for children in the Buncrana area. This was inspired by years of experience working within the early years sector selecting what we feel is the best elements of different early year’s curriculums to create a unique education system that caters for every individual child. Hilltop Academy has one of the largest natural outdoor play areas in Buncrana and holds a huge passion and emphasis for learning outdoors. We feel that this is a vital element for all children to experience, where they can experiment and create their own learning and understanding of the world around them. We believe that children learn best from a hand’s on approach, using real life materials and resources that helps to create a more in-depth knowledge and understanding. Here at Hilltop Academy we pride ourselves in creating a unique individual learning plan for all children in our care, working in co-operation with families and the community to provide the best childhood experiences and memories. We ensure all activities are of the children’s individual interests, abilities and stage of development. We have a huge emphasis on the uniqueness of the child and creating a positive outlook on learning and on life.
Hilltop Academy exists to provide a safe, stimulating and developmentally appropriate learning environment for preschool age children. Our focus is to provide a high quality early care and education experience which promotes each child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our goal is to support children’s desire to be life-long learners.
Hilltop Academy’s Aims:
- We aim to create and maintain a safe, warm, stimulating age appropriate learning environment to encourage children to learn, grow and actively explore.
- We aim to inspire and expose the child to a positive learning experience that will lay the foundations to educate and enrich the child.
- We aim to motivate and inspire each child and create positive self-awareness of their own unique strengths and abilities, establishing positive life-long learners.
- We aim to support the children and families by offering a professional and reliable early years’ service that will meet all individual needs.
- We aim to develop and maintain strong partnerships with our parents, committing to working together to build a foundation that nurtures each child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- We aim to create and maintain a home from home experience and atmosphere in a calm and loving learning environment.
- We as a professional early years’ service aim to empower, grow and mature along with the children to keep our services current to ensure we always meet the needs of all children, families and the community within our service.
Hilltop Academy’s Ethos:
- The ethos of the centre is to treat each child with the utmost respect. Each child is valued as an individual and is encouraged to reach his/her own maximum potential at his/her own pace.
- We see each child as unique and aim to develop, support, love and encourage the child; this is achieved by identifying the child’s individual strengths, interests and abilities.
- We have a huge emphasis in working in co-operation with children and their families in order to establish and maintain an excellent communication system where support and guidance is provided at all times.
- We believe in creating a stimulating learning environment that will enhance and support the natural curiosity, wonder and awe of children so they can direct their own learning.
- Here at Hilltop Academy we have a great passion and love for the great outdoors, we feel that this is an essential part of learning and development for all children under our care. We aim to provide as much outdoor learning experience as much as possible.
- Early Drop off: 8.45am – 9.ooam
- Morning preschool session: Junior Class: 9.00a.m – 12.00p.m,
- Senior Class: 9.00am – 12.00pm
- Free 2 year ECCE scheme for children aged from 2 years and 8 months.
- Morning preschool session: 9.00a.m – 12.00p.m, Part time, aged 2 ½ to 3 years of age – Junior Preschool Class only
- Extended session: 12.00p.m – 1.45p.m